You Play a Very Important Role
The Family Care Circle includes all those family and friends who voluntarily assist older adults with their many different daily living activities.
- Family Care Circle members represent the largest caregiving organization in the United States.
- Spouses and daughters are usually the “front line” of caregiving assistance to an elderly loved one.
- Caring for an aging loved one affects the entire family system.
Balancing Family Care
The Family Care Balance includes responsibilities to family, career, finances, and self. Attending to all of these details can be difficult when you must care for aging loved ones.
Be Careful – Get Support
- Almost 40% experience elevated physical and emotional stress.
- Financial challenges arise from reducing work hours to provide care.
- Sharing information and engaging other family members to help.
- Coordinating care with members of the Professional Care Circle.